24th Street Theatre, a reputable, bustling, mid-sized arts organization and one of LA's premiere 99-seat theatres working both locally and internationally in theatre, education, and community outreach, seeks an experienced bi-lingual Arts Administrator.
This is a permanent position averaging about 20-30 hrs per week on weekday afternoons with occasional evenings and weekends, with the potential of becoming a FT position. This is an ideal position for a motivated self-starter who is interested in pursuing a career in Arts Administration, non-profit management, or theatrical producing. The Administrator provides support to the Executive Director, Artistic Director, Executive Assistant, Grants Manager and other 24th Street staff in the day-to-day operations of the theatre. This position is at the core of the organization and interfaces directly with the public, board members, artists, politicians, arts and community leaders, in addition to regular interaction with our immediate neighbors in North University Park. Pay is $15 per hr. with vacation time and other perks.
Suitable applicants must be bilingual (English/Spanish), must have strong time management skills and a proven ability to work efficiently in a busy environment. 24th Street Theatre is a dynamic working environment in which staff are expected to approach challenges with flexibility and creativity. Ideal candidates are highly motivated, highly organized, and possess a 'can-do' attitude with an unwavering desire to solve problems and improve upon any situation into which they enter.
* Handling incoming and outgoing correspondence for the organization, including telephone, email and fax
* Creating systems for the organization
* Assisting in program administration for 24th Street's after school program and other programs.
* Executing marketing and audience development strategies for 24th Street's productions.
* Assisting in the preparation, documentation, and follow-through for events, classes, and other projects taking place at the theatre
* Managing box office for and during events.
* Maintaining theatre's database
* Errands including shopping for office and event supplies
* Assisting other staff with keeping the theatre clean
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS include:
* Bilingual (Spanish and English) to serve our wide variety of constituents
* A valid driver's license and reliable vehicle
* College Graduate and 1-3 years nonprofit administrative experience
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook functions and Adobe Creative Suite
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Well organized with excellent time-management skills
* Experience working with the public and children
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.